View Single Post
Old 04-04-20, 04:55 PM
JohnJ80

Bikes: N+1=5

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 875 Post(s)
Liked 245 Times in 181 Posts
Just to add some context for the OP and detail to what was above.

I'm 64. What I learned between your age and mine is that it's best check your ego at the door, get over being embarrassed about seeing the doc, and to make an effort to get in to seeing the doc right away when something isn't right. Make sure that they hear you when you tell them what your body is telling you and don't accept pat or easy answers if it isn't clear that's the problem. Turns out, that methodology saved my life when I caught a cancer early just about when I was your age when I insisted on some a test that wasn't typically prescribed until I was a few years older.

The other piece that I learned is that you need to assemble your own healthcare team and that needs to be (at least) your family practice doc, your sports medicine doc, physical therapist and a nutritionist and add others as required. But if you do that, you're going to be able to keep playing at a high level for a long time. Being active now is the key to being active when you're my age and older. I really see the results of being active compared to a lot of my peers....

So hope you get this figured out. A young whippersnapper like you ought to be tearing it up out there.

J.
Likes For JohnJ80: