Old 07-03-20, 08:10 PM
JohnJ80

Bikes: N+1=5

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 875 Post(s)
Liked 245 Times in 181 Posts
Originally Posted by bobin
Had a virtual visit with the doc today. His theory is that I'm under/improperly fueled - and that how I'm metabolizing food/fuel is off in some way. Since I don't have any shortness of breath on the bike and no problems during a workout (it's only a couple/few hours later when I try to sleep that my chest feels weird) - he thinks it's not heart-related. So I'm going to pursue the nutrition angle for now and leave the cardiac angle alone.

He did order me a cardiac stress test. I was ready to set that up - but I don't think I can bring myself to be inside a hospital/doc office for over an hour right now in the middle of a pandemic spike. Since it doesn't happen unless I get into SS/V02 HR zones, I think I'm just not going to push it on the bike until Covid calms down. This totally sucks because I've never had more time to bike in a long long time, but at least I can do a resistance workout and keep my HR under 120 and not have any symptoms like described above.
if your doc felt your condition warranted a cardiac stress test, the LAST thing I’d do is delay getting that done - COVID or not.
Likes For JohnJ80: