View Single Post
Old 10-31-17, 09:00 AM
rickbuddy_72

Location: Michigan, on the lake, 60 miles WNW of Chicago as the crow flies, or 90 miles if the crow walks.

Bikes: Dolan DF4, BH Ultralight, 1974 Schwinn Paramount Track, Trek Alpha 1000, Trek 730, Miyata 930 affixed to a Brian Wind Trainer

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Oh, I screwed up.

It's a good thing you asked me to find the instructions, carleton!

My bad. I apologize to everyone. I remembered the instructions wrong. I'm doing a bad, bad thing with easing off the adjuster bolt after tightening. I've been so confused with my bi-polar depression lately. It's hard to think right with it. Riding in sleet, rain, snow and wind yesterday, I'm fine. Thinking, not so good.

Here is what Dolan said about my screw up (fortunately, the season was near over by the time I took delivery and I hadn't ridden enough to do damage). As noted in the Dolan reply, my track end is a newer model.

"This is a newer version of the dropout. We haven't updated the picture from the instructions when they were first written but they remain the same.

I'm not sure where you will have read about backing the adjuster screws off as we wouldn't advise this. The adjuster screws are there so that the wheel cannot move forward and so that you don't have to tighten the track nuts on the rear wheel as much. What we have seen in the past is people not using the adjuster screws or not having them flush with the wheel axle and therefore having to over tighten the wheel causing the dropouts to spread/splay. "

So you can see, I remembered bad. I hope I didn't mislead anybody and if I did, I apologize.

Here are the Dolan Instructions: