Old 06-14-18, 01:32 PM
Senrab62 
It's the little things

Bikes: Too many, yet not enough

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 279 Post(s)
Liked 326 Times in 147 Posts
Update time! Thanks all again. appreciate the info and offers and encouragement. I do have some items to discuss, and some questions.

- I do not use FB at all. For many reasons, all personal. A shame, because it CAN be used as a great resource for many things, bike related and otherwise. Unfortunately I cannot seek the expertise of the FB group which sounds like it would be a fantastic, but is not meant to be.

- I DO NOT, plan to have it refinished, or anything at this point, if ever. At most, if I can do so easily enough, I will look at having the block Carlton decals removed, and replace them with something more period accurate. Was just curious. Frame has been treated w/framsaver already

- Does anyone know what I would be looking at for weight on this built w/period correct parts? I am no weight weenie, but trying to figure out how to save as much weight as possible. I mentioned 25 lbs period correct as an estimation. I have no reason to believe it will be less, do you?

- I am still tempted for a VO wheelset. I have vintage hubs lined up, but the appeal of a new, sealed hub wheelset that I do not have to worry about as much for day to day use is appealing, and using the period correct stuff for when I want to be flashier. I think they look period style close enough-ish to me.

- I have been looking into older cranks. I have no desire for cottered at all. Does anyone know the durability of the 50.4 type cranks? I am no watt machine, but am pretty strong and plenty fat. Don't want to be shearing crank arms with my Pegasus thighs. any suggestions for long term? I have a replica type on the way for the meanwhile.

- headset. current campy is not direct fit for frame (anyone interested in it?). does anyone know what would be a direct replacement? what size (I assume 1", but any other specifics?) do I need if looking for a vintage replacement.

Thanks in advance.