Old 04-06-19, 07:26 AM
Koyote

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6963 Post(s)
Liked 10,961 Times in 4,687 Posts
Originally Posted by Metieval
I read the complete article.

Gear junkie is nothing more than a MN puff piece for MN outdoor companies like Salsa.

this Gear junkie article isn't a January publication but rather it is an APRIL ( Salsa ) CYA, pass the blame / bash the shutdown political puff piece.

the article says nothing new.....

The article doesn't deserve to be shared, and it is 100% political and definitely doesn't need to be on this forum. Bicycles or not..... its a political post.
Sorry, I guess I am just missing your point. You complained that Salsa wasn't "independent" enough to announce the recall. But they did actually announce it -- last January, I believe. It's why I couldn't find a Warbird to test ride this winter -- the shop had a few of them hanging from the ceiling, minus their forks which had been sent back to MN for testing. From posts on this forum, it seems like they also reached out to people who had bought those bikes before the recall, and took care of them, too.

So, please explain to me how Salsa didn't independently issue and announce a recall? I have no dog in this race....Just curious.