Old 04-25-19, 09:30 AM
KraneXL

Bikes: Cannondale Quick SL1 Bike - 2014

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3405 Post(s)
Liked 240 Times in 185 Posts
Originally Posted by tandempower
That's a really interesting idea. They should at least start experimenting more with selling multiple ride tickets in a single package and then doing more research into what customers want.
They do experiment continuously. But many of those service are more expensive to maintain than you think. I've seen communities ask for extended service. But when they added it, nobody rode it (only one or two people were on the bus).

After 6 months of empty buses, they cancelled the later service. For buses to be efficient they need to be full. It cost more to the taxpayers than it was worth.

True. There should be some kind of guarantee that if your bus doesn't show up within a certain amount of time you get a free taxi ride. The transit system could just send a driver in a car.
I lived in a city that did just that. You got two taxi rides/year and only during late hours.

Why couldn't they have personal media in the backs of the seats, like on airplanes?
Because airplanes have a lot more exclusive clientele. Remember, I said the biggest negative about transit is they accept everyone. I've seen people take the schedules and just tear them into little pieces.

Or make them more comfortable for sleeping and have more overnight schedules.
Same answer, people would live on the buses.

Thanks for a constructive post on the topic.
A sus ordenes.