View Single Post
Old 04-25-19, 05:23 PM
tandempower

Mentioned: 90 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8084 Post(s)
Liked 14 Times in 13 Posts
Originally Posted by KraneXL
They do experiment continuously. But many of those service are more expensive to maintain than you think. I've seen communities ask for extended service. But when they added it, nobody rode it (only one or two people were on the bus).

After 6 months of empty buses, they cancelled the later service. For buses to be efficient they need to be full. It cost more to the taxpayers than it was worth.I lived in a city that did just that. You got two taxi rides/year and only during late hours.
Because airplanes have a lot more exclusive clientele. Remember, I said the biggest negative about transit is they accept everyone. I've seen people take the schedules and just tear them into little pieces.Same answer, people would live on the buses.A sus ordenes.
I'm really just talking about long-distance bus routes. I think if people could rely on buses to go long distance, they could manage with a combination of transit and ride/bike/scooter share once they arrive.

If some long-distance coach service would offer multi-trip tickets for a low price-per-trip cost, it would be interesting to do customer research regarding where all people would take trips at such low prices.

As for the 'deplorable' problem you mention, Idk how to deal with that but I know it's a problem when people have to drive cars and fly in airplanes just to segregate themselves from other people they deplore. It is a waste of resources to solve a simple social problem.

The easier solution is to simply downgrade passengers' status when drivers cite them for various problems, whether it be drunkenness, lack of hygiene, rude/obnoxious behavior, etc. Then those passengers who have been cited and downgraded would only be eligible to take trips that are designated for their class-level. It would be the same as people who can't rent a certain apartment or get a certain job because they can't pass a criminal background check.