Old 04-26-19, 06:31 AM
randyjawa 

Bikes: 1958 Rabeneick 120D, 1968 Legnano Gran Premio, 196? Torpado Professional, 2000 Marinoni Piuma

Mentioned: 210 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1372 Post(s)
Liked 1,751 Times in 938 Posts
Without decent pictures and knowing where the bike is located, it is difficult to appraise value. Marinoni bicycles are very high end Canadian made machines and highly respected. I have owned a few and never once been disappointed.

The bike you are interested in does not strike me as a top of the line Marinoni steed. Such bikes usually would have been fitted with top components such as Campagnolo or Shimano Dura Ace. In this case, I would place the bike as a middle of the line offering. And, for what it is worth, I bought this one last summer, or two summers ago, built it up per my customer's specifications and sold it for very low four figures (CND)...

as bought for $500.00 CND and the bike was in great shape...

as sold for about double what was paid and I ended up with a bunch of spare components that proved useful on my next build...

In closing you might be interested in determining what constitutes a quality vintage road bike. If so, you might enjoy and benefit from Vintage Bicycle Quality, an article I published some time ago. Vintage Bicycle Value might also be helpful.