View Single Post
Old 04-28-19, 10:34 AM
tandempower

Mentioned: 90 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8084 Post(s)
Liked 14 Times in 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Mobile 155
Dude, I was talking about the topic as per your suggested solutions. I simply added the quip about not bouncing the ideas off of anyone because I have never heard anyone suggest segregating a bus to make it better. Never not one ever till you posted it as a solution to a complaint.

"Considering all this other class segregation is already going on, why would it be such a big deal to further segregate buses so that people who are drunk, unwashed, loud/obnoxious/rude, or somehow otherwise 'deplorable' would not be allowed to ride the polite bus? Would that be such a gross offense to equality in a way that all these other institutions aren't?"

That was from you, that was your suggestion not mine or anyone else's. I am simply in disbelief that you would suggest it. Since you posted it I thought you wanted to defend such a suggestion. Unlike promoting government sanction segregation I would suggest just looking into bus services that have the amenities some have suggested. I have seen them advertised with onboard movies and what looks like sleeping recliners. Too slow for my style of long distance traveling but there you have it. Not sure if you plan to segregate passengers will fly with the ICC or DOT.
You are notorious to spinning things I say into negatives to push me into defense. All you do when you respond to my posts is pick fights. I really don't see why you need to reply to my posts at all when all you do is obstruct good discussion.

Segregation is not talked about openly. If people pay more for one airline or bus carrier or hotel or store or filling station than another, it may have to do with something about product/service quality and/or it may have to do with choosing the kind of people they want to be around or avoid being around. It's not something people usually talk about openly, but it is plain to see if you are honest.

It already happens with buses where certain coach services are more expensive and some are even totally private, i.e. charter buses. All I said is that if Greyhound, the current low price leader, would cite passengers for certain behaviors, then those people wouldn't be allowed to ride on certain buses and it would encourage people to behave well, not drink/smoke, etc. You shouldn't have to pay more to ride on a bus with non-smokers, sober people, and people who are polite and avoid behaving in a rude/obnoxious manner. Those people shouldn't be totally excluded from travel if they don't improve their behavior, but they could be limited to taking certain buses and not others for the benefit of those passengers who put effort into boarding clean, sober, smoke-free, and stay polite.