View Single Post
Old 05-11-19, 07:55 PM
jimincalif

Bikes: '96 Trek 850, '08 Specialized Roubaix Comp, '18 Niner RLT RDO

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 569 Post(s)
Liked 123 Times in 83 Posts
What’s frustrating about our cancelled GMR ride, as late as the 6:00 pm news last night Fritz was all about the thunderstorms happening in the mountains, as had been the forecast all week. But by the 11:00 pm broadcast, he was all fuggedaboutit, not happening. Inside slider was sliding offshore north of us and would then go south and east, missing us entirely. Too late for ride organizers. I think weather folks inside slider models need quite a bit of work.

Beautiful day here in the OC for a ride, actually got quite warm, about 78 and more sunshine than we’ve had in a week. While I was eating breakfast this morning it was drizzling slightly in our back yard, but it was not drizzling in the front. Go figure.

Did about 55 miles today and completely wiped myself out, don’t remember when I’ve felt this way after a ride. Last 10 miles home sucked. Figure it’s a combination of eating low carb, and riding 3x during the week for 67 miles, more than I usually do mid week. Hopefully I’ll recover enough to ride tomorrow. I upped my carbs a bit yesterday and now today in anticipation of riding this weekend, so we will see.