View Single Post
Old 05-15-19, 07:32 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4347 Post(s)
Liked 3,983 Times in 2,661 Posts
CARBO-LOADING and then stressing and packing and like the good Dr. not getting enough sleep. Though sometimes I prepare in advance and it is just carbo-loading and getting a tiny bit more sleep. However I don't recommend carbo-loading too much at least not with simple carbs like I tend to do.

Hydration is a good thing and relaxation is a good thing as well as stretching and getting those legs moving a little.

Right before a ride, I will put on a nice clean kit make sure I put some Chamois Glide on (I think they call it Bike Glide now but any Chamois cremé you like will work) and make sure the tires are pumped up and do some more stretching and usually helping others with their bikes. I also try to wash myself beforehand because going out clean can help prevent saddle sores. If you are touring or not near a shower baby wipes are the way to go and an indispensable tool for anyone not just babies.