View Single Post
Old 07-08-08, 02:58 PM
Catweazle

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by DnvrFox
As regards 50+ vs "older rider" I much prefer 50+. We had a lot of discussion about this when we started the forum. "Older" is a non-defined term which could be anywhere from 25 to 80, depending upon the reader's viewpoint. 50+ has a real meaning.
Thoroughly agree. Sure, a good deal of the content has wider relevence, but the posting of it in 50+ gives meaning to its purpose. There's an undercurrent of "What's changed since the 60s/70s?" in the writing of it, and that's been deliberate. For even the younger folk amongst the 50+ netizens who haven't really ridden since they were kids, that's when they were kids!

Originally Posted by cyclinfool
Maybe what you might do is force a hard limit on yourself - maybe 1000 words for the basic post.
If that's going to happen it'll need someone to do the condensing, because I don't really want to. I spent several years recently writing regular monthly magazine 'how-to' columns. Condensing content down to strict word limits is the hardest part of the writing, and it invariably leaves you dissatisfied with the end result. The above was written over a few 'spare time' periods stolen from a weekend. Condensing it all down to about a thousand words would take me about a week of work!

P.S. Could somebody please tell me what "WWSBHD" represents?