Old 08-22-19, 03:45 PM
bfuser191509248

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked 47 Times in 27 Posts
Originally Posted by flatrockmobile
My current ride - a freebee from the inlaw's shed in Lakeport...on Lake Okeechobee
Originally Posted by flatrockmobile

Sweaty on the jetty. Looking back your way dbf909 toward New Smyrna side of the river
Forgot to ask you, frm, is your Schwinn from the 90's? I remember when I bought my Cruiser Deluxe in '94, they had three color options (the two-tone blue like mine; a green/black; and a burgundy/cream along the lines of yours). I've since seen other variations (including the anniversary bikes and such) where the color combinations varied slightly.

Also, it just so happens that we answered a CL ad recently, as we were kind of looking for another cruiser for my wife (her Schwinn is probably from the 80's, and is a little bit road-weary). It was a royal blue and white Schwinn SS with chrome fenders, but the ad didn't say what year it was from. When we tested out the bike, I immediately noticed how light it was. Unfortunately, it turned out to be even more road-weary than the bike she already has (let's just say the guy didn't photograph his rust very well ), so we didn't buy it. When we got home, I did some research and found that it dated to around 2001. Must have had pretty thin chrome plating.