Old 06-04-20, 11:57 PM
diphthong
velo-dilettante

Bikes: 85 pinarello treviso steel, 88 nishiki olympic steel. 95 look kg 131 carbon, 11 trek madone 5.2 carbon

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1628 Post(s)
Liked 3,114 Times in 1,683 Posts
Originally Posted by adamhenry
I did an Oceanside harbor to Solano Bch roundtrip today. I'm trying to increase my range and it was my first time venturing south of Encinitas. The new bikeway is interesting. It's nice to see some investment to facilitate bikes. Pretty stark contrast to Oceanside where the best they can do is painting sharrows on some side streets. The construction chaos continues at La Costa.
the new bikeway past cardiff state beach is interesting. on one hand, there is no longer any parallel automobile parking on that stretch so no chance of doorings or someone walking out from behind a vw bus with a longboard into your path. on the other hand, it was really dangerous when the raised curbs were the same color as the new pavement before markings were added (heard there were a few serious cyclist crashes during this time). it seems like the new bike lane will benefit the casual cyclist much more than the speed demons (of which there are many along that stretch). i think the “serious” roadies will end up eschewing the new separated bike lane and just riding that part mixed with auto traffic.

Last edited by diphthong; 06-05-20 at 12:11 AM.