Old 12-24-08, 10:10 AM
Grim

Bikes: Cannondale T700s and a few others

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Barn bike #3. Work cohort was cleaning out his barn and had 3 bikes he was sending to the dump. The first was a Miyata six ten (posted a few pages back) the second was a Huffy that is about to become a Ghost bike for a local cyclist that lost his life by a hit and run driver at 1am in Kennesaw a couple weeks ago.

This is the 3rd that he dug out and I picked up a week ago. He bought this bike new to do a Equestrian Triathlon. Horse, Bicycle, run. Been in the barn for 15 years. Tires still had whiskers. Its a 1989 or 90 (all the Shimano prats are NI date code) GT All terrain Outpost. Shimano 200 through out. Biospace cranks, Cro-Mo frame, Araya rims. Threw some tires and tubes on it cleaned and greased everything and dialed it in.

Its a ball to ride. I was jumping it through the ditch in my yard for an hour like a 12 year old (I'm 42). Sure the neighbors think I lost it now. It is a little small for me, little big for the wife and a little nice for the irresponsible teenage daughter (she has had one bike stolen already). Cleaned up good. and already on CL. May be sold by the end of the day.