Old 08-12-16, 05:17 AM
Stadjer

Bikes: Gazelle rod brakes, Batavus compact, Peugeot hybrid

Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5998 Post(s)
Liked 956 Times in 730 Posts
Originally Posted by Roody
I'm not sure about perceptions. Probably some people think we're crazy and some people admire us for being brave. Probably most people don't give it much thought.

All I try to tell people, here or IRL, is that even without a car, all kinds of weather are not only survivable but enjoyable. You will dry off, you will warm up or cool down. So just enjoy the ride!
Yes, but do you feel free to just hate the weather and be frank about that, or is do you percieve it a likeable because it's your own choice to be a cyclist? For me it's sometimes a relief to just be mad at the weather and vent it, and wouldn't like if my collegues would react with questioning my choice to take the bike.

Originally Posted by wolfchild
I just can't wait until freezing temps come around...the heatwave and humidity which we've been having around my area for the last few weeks is a total misery.
I don't mind the cold, I don't mind snow, it's the cold horizontal rain I hate. I don't mind the heat, just as you have to slow down walking you have to slow down cycling too, but on the bike you still have a little breeze with very hardly any energy input. It might be just too hot to be nice, but if it's that hot, it's nicer to cycle than to walk.

Last edited by Stadjer; 08-12-16 at 05:21 AM.