Old 06-30-19, 07:09 PM
Eggman84

Bikes: 2014 Bruce Gordon Rock&Road, 1995 Santana Visa Tandem, 1990 Trek 520, 2012 Surly LHT

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 211 Post(s)
Liked 43 Times in 35 Posts
Originally Posted by nazcalines
I've been running this bike setup 1x with a 9-sp 11-32t (without the wolftooth) for the last few years without problem. The shifting would be fine with the new setup if the cable pull was to spec, that's the issue I'm having. The derailleur is over 2mm inboard of the big cog if it starts just under the small cog.

I just remembered there's another alternate routing to reduce derailleur travel on Sheldon's site, so I'll try that and see if it works.
I just went back and reread your two posts, You originally said you were having problems with a Shimano 10 speed DT shifter working with a 10 speed cassette. Your 2nd post then says this "setup" was working fine with a 9 speed cassette. No wonder the it isn't working right, You appear to be using a 9 speed DT shifter. Go back to that Art Cyclery website and you will see that a Shimano 9 speed shifter pulls 2.5 mm, which is essentially what you measured 2.45 mm.

So what is the Shimano DT shifter part number? Then use that to verify if it is for 9 speed or 10 speed cassettes.