View Single Post
Old 06-22-20, 05:27 PM
Ramona_W
Casually Deliberate

Bikes: 1995 Trek 820, 1994 Trek 930 (project), 1/2 of a 1980s Colin Laing tandem

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1163 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 5 Posts
I wondered if it's also because men and women go into the field for different reasons. Not to say that men aren't interested in helping people but women seem to be more likely to take socially relevant but as you say "less remunerative" positions such as working in an inner-city clinic or they might be at a school because their kids go there. We saw something similar when we looked at a study of female attorneys in private practice. Women made less money because they had fewer billable hours because they were involved in more pro bono cases. This is leaving aside the women who are working reduced hours or turning down overtime due to child care concerns or a desire to have more balance between work and friends, family, etc. It wonder if the medical wage gap maintains across so-called racial lines as well.

Oh my goodness. I've only been back a day and I'm already so far off topic. I guess I should try to think of something bike related to post.