Old 01-06-20, 11:59 PM
Korina
Happy banana slug

Location: Arcata, California, U.S., North America, Earth, Saggitarius Arm, Milky Way

Bikes: 1984 Araya MB 261, 1992 Specialized Rockhopper Sport, 1993 Hard Rock Ultra, 1994 Trek Multitrack 750, 1995 Trek Singletrack 930

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1532 Post(s)
Liked 1,527 Times in 915 Posts
Dark but clear this morning, in the upper 30's. Riding the trail through the Arcata Marsh is the best part; even though it's dark, I can see the sky reflected in the ponds, and hear the birds waking up. It's nearly deserted at 6:30; sometimes I'll run across a jogger or another cycle commuter, but mostly it's just me and the quiet and the dark. Riding on the highway under the eucalyptus I only had to stop twice to take branches off the shoulder. The only time those overly bright LED car headlights are useful is when the side wash lights up the shoulder so I can look for oncoming obstacles without having to blast my own light. Got off the highway and onto the trail (different trail, sort of), chilled and sweaty (gotta find a better jacket), arrived at work a few minutes later to a lusciously warm building and hot tea with breakfast.

Lather, rinse, repeat, throwing in fog now and then.