Ferrouscious 
Some Weirdo

Bikes: '86 Schwinn Prelude, '91 Scott Sawtooth, '73 Raleigh "Grand 3"

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 223 Post(s)
Liked 141 Times in 92 Posts
Originally Posted by francis1
First, I am a new member. Thanks for letting me join. I thought it important to get the word out about a very unsatisfactory experience I had with the Panaracer company over one of their tires that I purchased and proved to be defective in service.
Panaracer Pasela tire with 3 months light usage blew out sidewall just above the bead line while sitting overnight in my garage. Tire inflation was correct & calibrated at 15 psi below rec. maximum. I contacted Panaracer, they asked for pics which I sent. They then said their engineers in Japan had looked at the pics and saw evidence of rubbing on the sidewall, and heavy wear. These are complete fabrications. I look after my bikes, keep logs, etc. I have showed the tire to other experienced cyclists and they agree there is NO evidence of sidewall wear.
So a very disappointing experience with a company that professes stellar customer service and products. I'm afraid that is all a sham
I'd post the photos here, but apparently I have to make ten posts before photos allowed.
Pics or it didn't happen.