LowCel 
Throw the stick!!!!

Bikes: GMC Denali

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 176 Post(s)
Liked 92 Times in 31 Posts
Originally Posted by BarracksSi
Unless your bike training is for competitive purposes, I'd consider changing your schedule. Ride less, get home sooner, then use that extra time to prepare fresh food to take to work the next day.

At the moment, I've got a couple ziploc bags of apples and bell peppers to serve as snacks. I take a banana sometimes, too, although I think the only place to buy a banana near my hotel this weekend is a gas station (ironic, huh? ).

Riding is great and all, but I have to admit that I grew to my heaviest while I was riding the most. Well, maybe after my riding peak, to be specific, but these days, I ride a fraction of what I used to (to the point where I'm considering selling all my bikes but one), yet I'm 40-50 pounds lighter. Riding a lot mostly just makes you a better rider; eating better can make you lighter.
Ride less? I don't think so. Riding less I would go nuts. I guess it's better to be heavy and happy than to cut back on my favorite thing in life (other than family, pets, and friends).

I only have seven races scheduled so far for the year, I plan to add a few more as the year goes on.