View Single Post
Old 04-04-13, 04:06 PM
BarracksSi
Bike ≠ Car ≠ Ped.

Bikes: Some bikes. Hell, they're all the same, ain't they?

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
You're giving up way too early. Two months? Took me six months of watching everything I ate to lose thirty pounds (and learn a lot along the way).

I had deemed it impossible less than a year prior to that, too. Figured that I was just going to be big like my mom. Or maybe the seasonal allergy drugs I took every year were messing with my body composition. Or that the only way to lose weight again was to be revved up all day, every day, and eating half of nothin' just like back in boot camp. Or that nobody loses weight after 40.

You've got to change your mindset about what constitutes "good" and "tasty" food. It doesn't seem long ago that the sensation I felt after four big slices of pizza could be called "full", but now it just feels "crappy". There's a guy at work who constantly struggles with weight control, and he's said that he wants to have meals that make him "feel like I'm eating real food instead of grazing like a rabbit." Okay, fine, but do you want to know what he snacks on? Clif bars, Triscuits,... crap like that. He's been so hoodwinked by marketing that when I told him to get rid of his case of Clif bars, he got one and as he started reading the wrapper, he complained, "But without it, how am I going to get enough riboflavin, iron, magnesium, sen..seln..selenium ..??" I said, you get it from real food, not sugar bombs like those.

I wish he'd let me go through his pantry, throw all the useless junk into garbage bags, and drag him through the grocery store to fill his cart with proper FOOD. I might need to put a toddler leash on him so he won't run down the cereal aisle.

Sorry, had to vent a little there...