Old 04-14-13, 03:13 PM
Boogs
Kelly Drive Amateur

Bikes: '86 Super Sport with mods

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Whenever you get back to this, godspeed and god bless, I will add another +1 to eating more vegetables. Veggies' health benefits go so much farther than mere calories, but on topic you are almost mathematically certain to lose weight eating a diet that is based around them. They are so filling for the amount of calories one consumes, and will make you feel like a different person once you are established on the eating pattern.

The tough part is prep time and shopping.

An easy and super healthy way to prep them is to use a food processor to aid in making large batches of veggie stews. You can keep broccoli florets, potato cubes etc. for textural and visual value but process other ingredients to make prep easier and faster. Start with boiled water and add low-sodium bullion cubes for more flavor intensity, then add veggies/potatoes/rice/soaked beans etc. as you go and make thick stews that can be entire low cal meals. Throw in garlic (a press makes this easier) and spices to up the flavor intensity some more while lessening salt dependency and dramatically increasing health benefits.

I'm eating a completely vegan diet these days as per four de trance who posted earlier, but of course one can add lean meats/shellfish and so forth. I use legumes, especially lentils, chickpeas and black beans, for protein which have the added benefit of offering gobs of filling and healthful fiber as well as amino acid profiles with qualities that rival beef. (beef tenderloin=rating of 94, lentils=84, chickpeas=103, black beans=106 with higher numbers equaling better quality) When I ate fleshy things I ate lots of fish and used clams in stews.

Hope everything's looking up soon dude.