Cyclist, Runner & TRX'er

Bikes: Steel Bianchi, 29 inch Redline Monocog, a Carbon something someday

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BarracksSi
+1 with Jed19 on the peanut butter "de-recommendation";

Soup n' chili -- probably more sodium than you need, especially from the chili. One large Wendy's chili is already near the recommended daily amount for the average person, and you've doubled it with the small portion and soup.
Good luck with your weight loss. What he said ^^... All I could see repeating was the soup. I was around 225 with an athletic build at 6 feet tall but decided that I wanted to cut weight for long-term health and mobility and to try to obtain a better cycling weight. I eat oats for breakfast, ride 7 miles to work and have a piece of fruit and coffee on arrival. For lunch (and dinner) this is key, I eat brown rice and vegetables. Daily, every day, every day. Yeah boring day after day but I make a huge glass cake pan of the mixture, varying vegetables and such, twice a week. I have home-made energy bars for my long ride days. I figure it like this, I try to eat like an athlete. Tons of retraining the brain. I eat when I'm supposed to and not when I want to. Water, water, water... Most cyclists on a diet already see the greater picture and understand that there is required intake and there is unwanted intake. If I make it, I'll take it. If not I can pass. I don't believe I know how tall you are but at 6 foot, my goal weight of 180-185 could make me rail thin so, even though I still weigh in daily in the AM, I now use the abdomen check. Waiting on my 6 pack. Sounds like you have a plan. Good luck. My 2cents. YMMV.