View Single Post
Old 03-30-19, 07:22 AM
verktyg 
verktyg

Bikes: Current favorites: 1988 Peugeot Birraritz, 1984 Gitane Super Corsa, 1980s DeRosa, 1981 Bianchi Campione Del Mondo, 1992 Paramount OS, 1988 Colnago Technos, 1985 RalieghUSA SBDU Team Pro

Mentioned: 207 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1036 Post(s)
Liked 1,238 Times in 654 Posts
Bocama Professional Medium Point lugs

Originally Posted by alexnagui
I was wondering about the lugs when I got the bike because they do not look like typical Champion Mondial Bocama lugs I had seen. These are probably more typical to older Gazelle CM like this one (my guess is pre-75 ??)

BCM lugs

The head tube lug seems to have a little dent on it. Is this normal?

Bocama Professional medium point lugs, usually found on mid price range models in the early 70's like the Gitane Tour de France.

The dent in the lug probably occurred while the frame was being brazed. The lug was pushed down at that point while it was red hot and dead soft to close a gap with the top tube. Too much pressure was applied.

Gazelles were not very common in the US and don't get much respect. I have 2 NOS Gazelle frames: a 1973 Champion Mondial A frame and a 1994 Champion Mondial AB frame. The 1994 Frame is made of Reynolds 531C tubing.

Because of copyright issues in Germany, the "Champion Mondial" frame (all versions) was simply named "Champion".

verktyg

Chas. ;-)

Last edited by verktyg; 03-30-19 at 07:27 AM.