View Single Post
Old 10-08-19, 12:33 AM
thook
(rhymes with spook)

Bikes: '83 univega gran turismo x2, '85 schwinn super le tour,'89 miyata triple cross, '91 GT tequesta, '90 yokota grizzly peak, '94 GT backwoods, '95'ish scott tampico, '98 bonty privateer, '93 mongoose crossway 625, '98 parkpre ariel, 2k'ish giant fcr3

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 919 Post(s)
Liked 745 Times in 546 Posts
or tom waits ....or nick cave, maybe

man, the thrift stores around here all get pretty hard core about their pricing. there's no negotiating and no making offers. and, often times they're over priced somehow thinking they're "boutique" second hand or something. it's a thrift store, for pete's sake. people shop their because they don't have big bucks to spend. well, maybe some do, but most don't and it's not what thrift is about. anyway.....ehem.... sometimes i'm genuinely surprised (like with your bowie shop) and have found a gem here and there. case in point, a schwinn mesa runner for my wife at a goodwill two towns north from us. the original tag said $20...and i was more than willing to pay that. BUT!!...haha!...it was half off stuff that day! whoo hoo!

i hope can snag yer window prize for a reasonable amount and they're not doing the "vintage/boutique" pricing thing on ya. good luck!