View Single Post
Old 11-28-20, 02:23 PM
Italvega

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Posting this in response to the Pearl Silver Blue Italvega Superlight;

This breaks my heart to see these pictures, and that this magnificent example of an Italvega Superlight has not garnered more attention, respect and adoration...I understand it is not the 'name brand' type like a Masi, but this was one of the finest bikes in the world when my father bought it in 1975...

If you are interested in 'facts' over 'theory'...I'd be happy to reply...

My father (producer of Neil Diamond) bought this Pearl Silver Blue Italvega Superlight from Wilshire West Cyclery in Southern California in 1975. The bike sold for about $1,200...the only changes made to the bike by Wilshire West Cyclery were the 'bar end (Sun Tour) shifters, Super Champion clincher rims (I put on the continental tires since the original tire rubber was dry rot).

This may in fact be the finest Original Italvega Superlight in existence! Along with the original Pearl Silver Blue paint in exceptional condition! In addition the Silca pump is color matched to the paint, which is incredibly rare!

I sold this bike, along with a Jim Redcay with Super Record components, Modolo brakes, and Specialized crank and pedals to 'Velo Pasadena' in Pasadena California (Hrach was the owner) in 2010 for a mere $300 for both bikes. My father and I were the original owners of this Italvega Superlight for 45 years, and it had less than 500 miles on it.

If you are interested in further discussions about this gem, feel free to reach out to me. I'd be happy to dispel any misconceptions from those who don't know what I know.

If you know of the whereabouts of this bike, feel free to have the owner contact me, if they want an accurate history and understanding of this bike, not clouded by misinformation and ignorance.

Yours truly and Happy Holidays!

Last edited by Italvega; 11-28-20 at 03:17 PM. Reason: added details and corrected misspellings
Likes For Italvega: