Old 06-24-09, 12:09 PM
Barchettaman

Bikes: Focus trash find commuter, Eddy Merckx Corsa, BP Stealth TT bike, Leader 720 TT bike, Boardman Comp Hybrid drop bar conversion, Quantec CX budget cyclocross build, SerottaNOS frameset ready to build up!

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Liked 104 Times in 69 Posts
Great job.

As far as upgrades go, I found getting the shifters up on the aerobars made a big difference. Stopped me sticking my fingers in the spokes....

You might even be able to keep the DT shifters you have, and get those barend adaptors. Rivendell used to have them in stock. Otherwise an old set of GripShifts will do the job. I got mine free at the LBS, they´d been in the back of the shop for years.

I wouldn´t bother swapping the brake levers. Adds to the stealth look.

You might find an old rear disc wheel for 7 speed cassette (assuming that´s what you have) that someone has ´upgraded´from. Heck, you might come across an old disc front wheel too - whack that on, see what the marshalls say...

Maybe an old aero wheel....? something like a Mavic Cosmic Expert? From the late 90s. I have one and it´s super smooth, runs great and has proved robust.

Some race tyres and tubes too maybe.... Conti GP 4000, for example, but that´s not going to make a massive difference.

2 quick questions - how did you make the seatpost? Are you handy with a welding kit?
And is that a scooter powered by a car battery in the background of the first photo???