save10
Arrogant Roadie Punk

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Red Kite Crits

Temp 97-100

35+3/4 - Teammate in front set a good temp in the final few laps. I drilled the leadout and our two sprinters got 1st and 3rd. Pretty good.

3/4 - Same plan..we had the omnium leader (tied) on our team. last time in the race i was able to do some good work for the omnium leader. but my tank was empty almost from the beginning. fortunately teammates took all the primes (which in addition to some sort of prize also count as omnimum points) and our guy did well enough to move up to overall leader though our much planned leadout train never happened. I got dropped with 1 lap to go. in a flat 3/4 crit. To quote the great Vizzini...inconceivable.

35 +123 - if i got dropped in a 3/4 crit how was i gonna finish the 123 crit theat started 10 minutes later? 30 minutes in I started getting light headed and shivering even though it was almost 100. i pull outed and almost passed out retrieving my pit wheels. Heat exhaustion. F'in hell. i iced down, drank a bunch of cold liquids, got some electrolytes. I'm fine now. slight headache, not foggy anymore. That my explain the 3/4 crit hopefully.

i obviously was not prepared for the heat. i drank almost two bottles of electrolyte during each race, but it wasnt enough. i never ride in the heat...i always try to ride as early as possible to avoid it. and even though the race was only 30 miles from my house it was 15 degrees hotter at the race. i'll be better prepared next time.