Old 05-14-19, 07:34 AM
JohnJ80

Bikes: N+1=5

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 875 Post(s)
Liked 245 Times in 181 Posts
Originally Posted by zacster
I also have a Cygolite 150 and I just don't like the thing. I don't find that the charge lasts very long, even when not in use. The flashing while charging is annoying too. I had planned to use this in combination with my Magnic Light rear light that runs off the rotating aluminum rim with no contact and no magnets. It is bright and always on. It has a standlight that is programmable, but I have yet to figure out the program. They aren't in widespread distribution but available. You'll have to look them up. The last alternative is the old standby Planet Bike Super Flash. The battery lasts a pretty long time and is always available to buy, and when they're off, they're off. I turned one on the other day on a bike that hadn't been out in about a year, and it worked just fine.
After I read your comment on turning your light on after a year and it still worked, I thought I’d check out some of my lights. It might interest you to know I did the same thing with several Li ion powered lights that have been off but were charged when put away more than a year ago and they all worked. I put one of them back on the charger and it showed as fully charged.

The lights in in question were a combination of several models of the Cygolites and Bontrager Flares.