View Single Post
Old 08-12-19, 04:02 PM
kayakindude

Bikes: 1987 Cannondale SR600/BioPace, 1991 Cannondale Road Tandem,1994 Giant Iguana MB, 2009 Airnimal Chameleon, 2016 Dahon Vybe C7A

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 121 Post(s)
Liked 100 Times in 63 Posts
Originally Posted by 63rickert
I give up. Slow pedaling wins. There have to be other whitebeards here who remember what spinning was. Who know what 'float the pedals' was. What avoid pedal pressure meant. Have to assume they learned their lesson and gave up a while ago. But that's done. Those who remember are all old and we'll be dead soon. When curious novices are told 60 is fine, 80 is fast, 90 is extreme, spinning is not going to happen. Any curious enough to do something so crazy as to actually try something different, to do an experiment, they won't get anywhere because all the signposts have been moved. And history is bunk. Only what sprang from my forehead in the past ten seconds has meaning.

Snowflakes who want to get all offended and angry over internet banter should maybe go ride their bike instead.
So lately I've been using my smaller front chain ring when riding with my wife. She averages 14mph rides, I average 18. I figured it would even us out. What I found by using the smaller ring-something I rarely used before, is I can still get up to 18-22 mph and it almost feels like I'm not actually pushing into the pedals...is this pedal float?