View Single Post
Old 05-17-19, 07:26 PM
The_Joe

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Liked 46 Times in 26 Posts
Originally Posted by Iride01
For me, I wouldn't think that saddle would work well. I like the nose to be narrow and only widen out at the very back where the sit bones go. I'd think that picture more for sitting more upright. Maybe not. We are talking saddle for a road bike and you are wanting to be in a decent road bike endurance position right (semi aero) to aero, right? Or are you wanting something else.

You mentioned you had your saddle all the way back. Is the frame too small for you? My saddle is forward. I find that with my saddle forward, I seem to have less pressure on my saddle as the power I'm putting into the cranks is at a better angle to lift me somewhat. But I ride a frame most consider oversize for me and it's the old style geometry of the previous century.
Yes, looking for an aero, road bike position.

I also ride an old bike. Late '80s Japanese frame. It's not too small for me but I've got a strange body geometry. I'm 5' 9", mostly torso, so the frame fits me as far as pedal stroke and standover height. Just happens that I need the saddle back for (what I think is) proper fitment.

After having a fine time riding the bike on a trainer and taking a few 50+ mile rides it wasn't bad. Then one day the pain came in and I can't remember if it was before or after I made some adjustments. Yes, I'm the kind of person who is foolish enough to keep making changes. Once the soreness heals I also plan to try tilting the saddle down a bit.