Old 05-08-17, 03:55 AM
Maelochs

Bikes: 2015 Workswell 066, 2017 Workswell 093, 2014 Dawes Sheila, 1983 Cannondale 500, 1984 Raleigh Olympian, 2007 Cannondale Rize 4, 2017 Fuji Sportif 1 LE

Mentioned: 144 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7653 Post(s)
Liked 3,485 Times in 1,840 Posts
go to the websites for Workswell, Dengfu, and Hongfu. Got weight-weenies.com. If I wasn't late for work I would tell you a bunch of stuff (mostly imaginary, the rest lies--standard BF fare) here and now.

Short version: 99.8% of the quality of frames costing 5 times as much. If you think 500 is a smaller number than 2500, and if you don't have enough cash or choose not to spend your cash getting that .02 and a flashy set of decals .... Chinese carbon FTW.

By the way (to futilely try to forestall the inevitable bickering) unless a person owns two or three identical big-name frames and two or three identical Chinese frames of the same precise dimension, builds up all four or six with exactly identical gear, and rides them indiscriminately without knowing which is which, for a period of a year or so, and logs every mile , all ride date, and every impression, and then goes back to figure out which was which, and Then analyzes all the data and impressions ... then we are all talking opinion.

My opinion is that My particular Chinabomb is excellent. Most others who have actually built one seem to say the same thing. Some folks who have watched unrelated videos complain based on unrelated information or personal preference, but when it comes down to the actual frames, there is a ton of info from people who have actually gone through the process and Most (not All) of it is positive.

Main disappointments are very occasional quality control issues (particularly if you buy the first generation of a new model) and occasional shipping delays.

Last edited by Maelochs; 05-08-17 at 04:07 AM.