View Single Post
Old 10-19-18, 10:21 AM
tandempower

Mentioned: 90 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8084 Post(s)
Liked 14 Times in 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Rowan
Only in the northern hemisphere is winter coming up. In the southern hemisphere where Machka and I live, we have just lived through winter and are now anticipating summer once spring is almost completed.

My medical challenge put aside a lot of the normal riding opportunities we might have had during peak winter, but we still got one of two in during that period. We also did have to put aside a plan to visit Machka's family in Vancouver, Canada, because of my workplace accident.

Where I currently live, winter is not particularly harsh; where I used to live in the southern end of the Great Divide range in Australia, it used to be more interesting, particularly as I was car free for about half of that time (in a total period of 12 straight years). Rain was the major issue, but the occasional widespread snowfall could be interesting although not prohibitive.
You and Machka have such a broad range of experiences, from extreme cold in both hemispheres to wildfire to this insane accident you survived and went through. Although I have often had disagreements with you two, I am also impressed and interested to read about your experiences. Thanks for being online and sharing these amazing life stories.