View Single Post
Old 08-14-19, 08:51 PM
TimothyH
- Soli Deo Gloria -

Bikes: 2018 Rodriguez Custom Fixed Gear, 2017 Niner RLT 9 RDO, 2015 Bianchi Pista, 2002 Fuji Robaix

Mentioned: 235 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6844 Post(s)
Liked 736 Times in 469 Posts
Wheels are done.

Richard @ ProWheelBuilder.com said it took him all of 15 minutes to build them up for fixed gear.

RRU35C02 rims - 25 mm wide, 35 mm deep, 3k matte with grooved graphene brake track.
Mack Superlight track hubs.
Brass nipples with CX-Ray spokes, 24-2x rear, 20-radial front.

Front is 669 grams.
Rear is 772 grams.
1441 grams for the pair which is about 6 oz lighter than the old wheels.
The bike sits right at 15 lb including cages, pedals and computer mount.

Total cost for the wheels alone including parts and labor was just over $850. Man, those Black Prince pads cost a fortune.

They are set up with tubes and I forgot about rim tape. The LBS had some Velox. I also didn't think to get tubes with longer valve stems to accommodate the deeper rims but found a few old boat anchor tubes with longer stems laying around my garage for now.

25 mm Vittoria Rubino G+ Speed go on Dura Ace C24 wheels very easily but mounting on these rims was a pita. They actually snapped into place like when mounting a tubeless tire. They are almost exactly as wide as the rim however and I can't wait to get them up to speed to see how they feel.

I'll try to get some better photos of the bike in the daylight but probably won't ride it for a while as I'm off the bike due to injury.

-Tim-