Old 07-05-20, 09:57 PM
UniChris

Bikes: 36" Unicycle, winter knock-around hybrid bike

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 930 Post(s)
Liked 393 Times in 282 Posts
Did my Northampton - Plainville CT roundtrip Century ride and found it great, though managed to hit East Mountain Rd at a busier time than in the past. Made great time which means I can contemplate doing it again later in the year with shorter days than I previously thought possible. Doubly so if I figure out a road route all the way back from Westfield to Hamp vs hopping back on the Manhan in Easthampton, as once it's really dark roads can be preferable to trails.

That said, kind of interested in finding an all-road alternative for another Century route before I repeat that one...

Had occasion this weekend to drive up towards Chesterfield, was interesting to see how short and rideable the distance actually is from the rotary at Look Park which I'ved reached by the trail, vs. the point on Route 9 which I've reached by taking a wrong turn at the river on another ride. But heading up rt 143 from Williasmburg, wow! It goes up, and up, and up, and up, and up, and up, and up, and up, and up, and up, and up, and up... If I ever want a hill to train on! Only I noticed on the return that a chunk of the southbound shoulder is a bit of a ditch and so not as hospitable. Also dropped in at the Chesterfield Gorge from the north end, rather nice, though i'd prefer to enjoy it by riding that fire road up along the river.

Last edited by UniChris; 07-05-20 at 10:03 PM.