View Single Post
Old 08-22-17, 07:08 AM
Cashn

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I live in NOLA and we have what I would call a pretty nice bike infrastructure. Lots of bike lanes, some dedicated paths through town, and two parks on either side of town that are bike friendly. Along with this there are also some of the worst roads in America if you decide to go off the beaten path. Potholes/sinkholes that will swallow your front wheel at the worst and an extremely bumpy unpleasant road that will rattle you to the bone at best. Much of these are residential "back roads" though so you won't be on them for long. Just if your going to someone's house or making a cut through to the next big road. I ride purely for pleasure when it's easier than taking a car, when Mardi Gras or jazz fest is going on for example. Or if we get a group that agrees on taking bikes out for the night to go bar hopping. It's pretty easy to get across town in 15-20 min with a small group at a leisurely pace. I ride road bikes, last bike was a Dawes single speed that was stollen this past Mardi Gras and I recently picked up a Peugeot PSV 14 speed from a friend that I have fallen in love with.