Old 12-05-20, 08:51 PM
Joearch

Bikes: Bianchi Infinito CV Disc Ultegra

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked 60 Times in 32 Posts
Originally Posted by tNuvolari
Ha, cool, a local guy! Not too many LA folks on here for some reason....
Yes, that path is rough in spots. First time on it I pinched my tube and spent an hour fixing it....Long story short but my spare tube leaked so I had to do it twice AND patch a leak....And down on that path it can be a bit sketchy if sitting still. But it's a nice route so from my house I have Ballona to MDR at about 12 miles total and Santa Monica Blvd to Arizona (with a bike lane almost the entire way) which is about 8 miles. I usually go one route to the beach and the other back home. Just wishing CA had a path along the beach for the entire state; I keep running out of beach paths as I get in better shape.

I'll keep an eye out for a nice Bianchi. I've been waiting a bit for warmer weather and I'm nursing a slight cold (no, not covid!)
And for the last 2 Sundays on my way back, there has been a pretty cool jazz band set up on Ballona at that little stage about 2 miles inland from MDR. They have a complete set up with vibraphone, drums, bass violin and sax. Not sure how they get that all set up but I guess it's not too far from the street. Obviously, the sax guy has the easy part!

Anyway, thought it was pretty cool and unexpected....

https://youtu.be/2FGtH5XH7Tk
Very cool to have the jazz band there. Rode by yesterday around noon. I live in Ladera Heights and go Centinela thru Playa Vista and jump on bike path at Lincoln. During the week I go south to Manhattan Beach or Hermosa beach pier. 25-30 miles round trip. Weekends I go north around the Marina and jump on beach path at Washington Venice Beach pier. Go North to Temescal and sometime jump on San Vicente to Bundy. That will also get me 25-30. I don’t do alot of roads and only early as the sun os coming up. Usually low 40’s now at the start which is cold for here. Time for tights and a a few layers up top. I agree top to bottom bike path for the entire coast line would be great. Not very comfortable on PCH during the day. I have been riding single but post C19 may looks for some groups.