View Single Post
Old 06-30-20, 06:56 AM
oneclick 

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1106 Post(s)
Liked 1,326 Times in 782 Posts
Originally Posted by hwheel72
I'm looking to find some good french alternative pedals perhaps. I realize I can use an English Tap to scale up to the standards but just wondering if anyone has a suggestion for my Stronglight 93? I really dont want to mess with the crank as it's original to the bike and in excellent condition. I would like to keep it true.

Thanks for any help..
I'd avoid any Lyotard with a built-up central barrel - the ones with a separate tube between the two cups. Those always get bent and/or the bearings get mis-adjusted. As well, Lyotards with a (supposedly) welded mid-barrel support strut often have had that weld break (so often that I wonder if it was just the plating that was supposed to hold them in place).

I'd also avoid any without specific holes (or slots like the Atom 440s). I would be wary of any of the Atoms, nice though they may look; some of the 600's were not rebuildable, and they often needed it; the cones are too thin near the edge of the race and bits break off. I haven't checked a set of 440s to see if they have the same cones.
Likes For oneclick: