Old 04-29-20, 05:22 PM
SethAZ 

Bikes: 2018 Lynskey R260, 2005 Diamondback 29er, 2003 Trek 2300

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 564 Post(s)
Liked 334 Times in 182 Posts
Originally Posted by Trakhak
I've collected a high-quality tape measure, needle-nose pliers, Vice-Grips, and about two dozen forks, knives, and spoons in various stages of two-dimensionality from being run over. But the best find was on a ride on one of my track bikes: found a 15-mm combination wrench, which immediately replaced the annoying Park crank bolt tool I'd been carrying for years for unscrewing the track nuts.
Oh yeah, that reminds me, I've got a nice roadkill tape measure I found once as well. I did the Whisky 25 MTB course with a friend the same day the pros raced it, but we didn't sign up, we just rode the course a couple hours later. I found a really nice Crank Brothers combo tool that's in my saddlebag as we speak, plus a nice pair of sunglasses, and I could have had about a zillion water bottles if I'd been inclined to pick those up.

I don't always stop for a socket, though I often do. Depends on what my goals are for a ride. If I'm trying to hold a particular pace for a long time I might just blow by, but if I'm just taking it easy I'll stop and pick it up. Anything bigger than a socket though is coming home with me. I have no idea who's out there losing all these tools on the roads I ride, but with all these workmen with toolboxes strapped to the sides of their truck, I suppose I shouldn't be too surprised some of these tools pop smoke and seek out a new owner from time to time.
Likes For SethAZ: