Old 06-06-19, 09:10 AM
ChiroVette

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 9 Posts
Originally Posted by rfomenko
Well, at least we can get off SI and catch a train in Elizabeth to go to South Jersey... As far as Goethals is concerned, I read it somewhere that it will open by the 4th of July according to the responses by the PA to people's emails. Then I read the "end of summer" story so who knows? First it looked like the problem was with finishing of the the ramp on the Jersey side but now they're claiming it's the entrance on the SI side which is the issue. Well, they planned it like that years ago and now it's a problem all of the sudden....
Yeah, I didn't come across the July 4th date, so great find, man!

I hope that's right. Speaking of the transition from Industrial NJ where the Goethals and Bayonne Bridges take us, is taking a train the only way to get from that area into South Jersey, AKA south of the Outerbridge and beyond? It wouldn't surprise me, because when I was plotting courses from the Jersey sides of both bridges, even on the maps I used, not even looking at 3D Streets, it looked very dangerous, assuming its even traversable (yeah thats not a word lol) by a bicycle. Of course, I could just be paranoid.
Likes For ChiroVette: