View Single Post
Old 02-17-20, 01:35 PM
capnjonny 

Bikes: Miyata 610(66cm), GT Vantara Hybrid (64cm), Nishiki International (64cm), Peugeot rat rod (62 cm), Trek 800 Burning Man helicopter bike, Bob Jackson frame (to be restored?) plus a never ending stream of neglected waifs from the Bike exchange.

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 339 Post(s)
Liked 631 Times in 229 Posts
Cote d Azure mystery bike

Attention Francophiles

I was looking at craigslist recently and saw this bike listed , semi disassembled and needing a chain.

I was intrigued. Never heard of the marque, Cote D Azure. Definitely French with what looked like a TA crank and a leather saddle, offered at $65.

The bike was 50 miles away though and I had my hands full with a couple other projects. I responded to the add and offered $50 if there was any way they could drliver it at least half way. I Emailed some pictures of past resto projects and told them I would love to get my hands on the bike.

Over the next few weeks we corresponded and the owner found someone coming down my way and agreed to drop it off at my house .

Today it finally arrived. This is definitely an interesting machine. It looks like it early 70’s or older. Except for the Hurret front der and levers most of the equipment is new to me.

Here is the bike and its equipment

Frame has no decals on it other than Cote d Azure painted on the down tube and the head badge.

The paint is actually pretty good and should clean up nicely.

Cranks Solida cottered steel

Pedals Lyotard

Front der and levers Hurret

Rear der Schwinn

Wheels Patterned steel Rigida rims and Normandy large flange hubs

Brakes side pull Lam – B te 700 sport

Levers There is a logo cast in the side that looks like a circle with C B inset in it.

Stem APM one side, Bell on the other

Saddle ADGA 28 A leather saddle

The head badge reads

Cycles

Cote D’ Azure

Made in France

Now for the real interesting bit

Weighed on my hanging scale as found it weighs 26.75 lbs. with steel wheels and steel cottered crank. I can't wait to weigh the frame. I thought my scale might be off so I weighed it twice with the same result. Hard to believe it is that light.

O/k Has anyone ever seen this mfg before. Inquiring minds want to know!!!!!

Last edited by capnjonny; 02-17-20 at 01:39 PM.