Tony Sisco
Allez1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Heart Rate

Originally Posted by 5kdad
I once remember hearing someone talk about your fitness level might be indicated by how long it takes your heart rate to get back to a "normal" range after you ride. Or put another way, if your heart rate is still up a certain percentage after a few hours after you ride, then you might want to backing off a bit on your time or intensity.
Anyone familiar with those figures? The rate of increase and the amount of time after a ride? Today was a rainy day here, so I turned on the Vuelta a Espaņa, and spent two hours on my Airdyne bike. Four hours later, my heart rate was still a bit above 100. My normal rate is in the 70's.

​​​​​I know your post is s few years old, but it fits what happened to me yesterday, 2/22/2020. I pushed really hard yesterday for about 8 miles into a head wind. When I got home I started checking my heart rate, which is usually runt 72 resting. I was at a hundred and stayed there for three or four hours. Somewhat alarmed I even thought about going to the ER. Just wondering how your situation turned out. Thanks in advance, hope everything was good with you.