Old 06-21-16, 09:32 PM
ModeratedUser
Banned

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tarwheel
I was recently shopping for a new taillight and settled on the Cyglolite Hotshot Micro. Very nice light for the money, about $33 at REI. Very powerful with 5 or 6 different display options and USB rechargeable. Decent run times, enough to get me through a work week of bike commuting on a single charge. And very importantly, it is designed to mount on seatposts or chainstays. I almost bought a Niterider Cherrybomb until I realized that it is designed to only mount on seatposts, a design flaw with many taillights. Do light manufacturers not realize that many cyclists use seatbags that would block a taillight mounted on a seatpost?

This is my current fav too. Looks like the Hotshot Micro still isn't sold with the hook to hang it off of the saddlebag or belt, but you can contact the company have them send you (for free) an attachment for clipping this light on a saddlebag. Also the price is below $25 if you consider sellers on ebay. I saw several sellers that get below that mark with free shipping. The thing I really like about it is that Cyglolite considered group riders when considering the options. I think very few suppliers consider this option.