Old 09-24-18, 02:05 PM
Doge

Bikes: 1979 Raleigh Team 753

Mentioned: 153 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3374 Post(s)
Liked 371 Times in 253 Posts
Originally Posted by spartanKid
I know they are separate ranking systems. I raced collegiate for many years. What I'm saying is that technically in order get an "A" collegiate track ranking, your son should have technically also earned enough points for a cat3, even if he only holds a collegiate license....
Technically there is no need to be a cat 3 as shown in the picture - today. Rules said as road Cat 1 you can get MTB pro by asking (and approval) , Track 2 by asking (and approval), CX 1 by asking. So far the CX Cat 1 was requested. Since racing no request have been made. The only thing needed was the collegiate Cat A, so that is all that was asked for. The reason was so the team could compete in the collegiate club omnium against 16 other teams. I expect the advice to stay in a Cat 4 mass start races (which was done) will be followed. Maybe Cat 3. This is a well known path and way to do things. Using a different analogy than Hoy, they start in gliders, move to motor prop planes, then move to the jets.

Back to the points race. Does anyone use signals from the ground (coach) to communicate with the rider?

Thoughts on tactics like is it better to catch the pack, or stay in front an take points. How many do you want to go with you etc.