Old 07-31-19, 10:20 PM
alloo

Bikes: 2022 Priority Coast, 2022 Priority Current

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 175 Post(s)
Liked 137 Times in 99 Posts
Commuting to Work

I've been commuting to work on my beach cruiser for three months now. I currently commute 3 days a week. I am currently thinking about commuting 4 or 5 days a week. How many of you commute 4 days a week or commute 5 days a week. What is a good method of building up? How do you recover?

I am a type 2 diabetic. Since bicycle commuting my insulin Novolin N & R have been decreased by about 50%. I have lost about 15 lbs and my goal is to lose 100 lbs by next summer. My original weight was 255 lbs. I notice that on days that I ride to work, my Novolin R dose decreases to about 2-4 units. I hope to also get rid of my diabetes once I lose before I lose the 100 lbs. On a regular bike, my commute is about 50 minutes to work and 70-80 minutes home. On an 7 speed mid drive ebike, it takes me about 50 minutes both ways.

Bicycling has made me happier, and has created serenity in my life. I live in Denver and am not sure which bike I want to ride in the winter, regular or ebike. I plan on purchasing a hub drive ebike before the end of the year. When, I'm not bicycle riding, I ride my scooter around. I've been searching thrift stores for jerseys and wicking base layer clothing. I'm currently looking for marino wool base layer for the winter commute. I enjoy riding in the afternoon rain. The rain keeps me cool.

Any advice is appreciated. Safe travels.!
Likes For alloo: