Old 10-22-17, 05:37 PM
tandempower

Mentioned: 90 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8084 Post(s)
Liked 14 Times in 13 Posts
[QUOTE=yves845;19945381]
Originally Posted by tandempower
I don't have experience with ebikes, but I would guess you'd be running out of battery-charge extremely quickly if you try to haul cargo up mountains. How far do you expect to live from a supermarket?[/QUOTEay

I expected the map would stay in imperial units and by bike...
The nearest "real" super market is 18 miles away , with +1276 ft and -2618 ft when going to it. And 19 miles +2684 ft and -1242 ft to go back home with the bike loaded.
There's a relatively big city at 28 miles

This is a big expense (about 7500 euros). and it's a 3 month waiting between the order and the delivery
the bike :
https://www.r-m.de/en-us/e-cargo/loa.../#18L03US_0205

Vialas is a very nice quiet place (2 inhabitants per square km) and it's as far as possible from our nice nuclear power stations...
Plenty of wood, and a source of water near the house !
Growing vegetables might be possible if you can make a garden. I'm curious if people with ebike experience will say it is sufficient for carrying groceries all that way and with the elevation changes. Do some hub motors do regenerative braking now to charge the battery while going downhill? If not, I can't imagine why considering an electric motor should be able to double as a generator.