Old 05-10-18, 09:30 AM
yves845

Bikes: Santos travelmaster2.8 ; Brompton titanium ; R&M Load speed

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts
Just to give some news and infos :

I finally ordered a R&M load HS with two 500 W batteries and a 350 w motor.
I Placed the order early november 2017. The bike arrived last week, early may 2018 ... they apologized explaining that E.U regulations had changed and that a braking light was compulsory.... Those germans are so serious about regulations ! it took them 6 month to find the right lighting system !
I had the opportunity to ride the cargo and it's really impressive it goes real fast, steering is extremely precise compared to other "bakfiets" I had the opportunity to try, suspensions make it really comfortable to ride even when fully loaded.

Now the PAPER thing : since it goes faster than 25 km/h, it's considered as a moped, it needs to be registered, with a licence plate, an insurance, a heavy helmet and, best of all it's forbidden to ride with it on bike lanes... it's France. As far as I know, there's still a law forbidding women to wear trousers in public somewhere in the "code civil".
As we're in France they recently "modernized" the registration process : no more waiting hours at the "prefecture", it must be done via internet and since this is really really France the program is affected by so many bugs that delays are enormous.
So I think i still have to wait 2 or three monthes to ride it "legally".
Yves
By the way in the mean time my car was destroyed at a round about (France is the country with the world record for round abouts)