spinnaker
Every day a winding road

Bikes: 2005 Cannondale SR500, 2008 Trek 7.3 FX, Jamis Aurora

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3394 Post(s)
Liked 63 Times in 46 Posts
Originally Posted by panchothepug

I’ll be flying in with my bike and staying at hotels and inns throughout. For Big Sur and one more stop, I may have to camp out given the lack of options.
There are a couple but expensive. I stayed at Deetjens. Very comfortable but expensive. And unless you want to ride back down the hill for dinner, you are a captive audience for dinner then breakfast the next day. I think it is the Big Sur Inn in town. Gives you more options for meals but you have that nice climb right out of the box, in the morning.

Further down the road is Ragged Point but that might be too close for you the day after Big Sur. But I highly recommend that hotel too. Again captive audience for meals but they are very good.

There are lots of great options for food along the way. Probably the best eats on any tour I have ever done. Be sure to check out Arguello Market for a turkey sandwich before leaving San Fransisco.

The hostel down by the waterfront in San Fransico is very good. Likewise the one in Montara beautiful views from the room. Be sure to book early.