View Single Post
Old 06-29-15, 05:40 PM
D1andonlyDman

Bikes: mid 1980s De Rosa SL, 1985 Tommasini Super Prestige all Campy SR, 1992 Paramount PDG Series 7, 1997 Lemond Zurich, 1998 Trek Y-foil, 2006 Schwinn Super Sport GS, 2006 Specialized Hardrock Sport

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by erig007
Probably because 90% of the posts will be about brooks saddles
Well, I slightly prefer Ideale saddles to Brooks saddles. But you can't buy a new one, they've been out of business for at least 20 years. But I own and love, an Ideale Model 80, an Ideale Model 90, and a Brooks Swift. All three of these are superbly comfortable leather saddles. The Brooks Swift is the lightest, best looking, and most expensive of these, but it's not any more comfortable than the two Ideales. I also own and ride a Selle Italia Turbo and a Fizik Antares. I just bought a used Ideale Model 90 from a local CL seller, and replaced my Fizik Antares with it. After something like 100 miles in the course of less than 2 weeks (and my pre-soaking the underside with Lexol before installing it), I can already say that the Ideale 90 is my most comfortable saddle, and well worth the 12 ounce weight penalty compared to the Fizik Antares.

BTW, if you buy a used Ideale saddle, you can take some solace in the fact that the cow it came from has been dead for at least 20 years, and they won't be killing another one to replace the inventory.